Friday, March 13, 2009

The Entrepreneur's Wife

Being the wife of a small business owner is tough sometimes. This week has been one of those weeks. Don't get me wrong, we are provided for. Our bills are paid, food is on the table, and we have a place to sleep. It's just that I think people think we are doing well financially when they don't realize that a lot of the money we make, goes back into the company. That's what happens when you are trying to start a business. I know it's only for a moment, but I feel bad for my husband. He works all day on the paying jobs that his company has, spends time with the family, and then from 10pm till ??? he's working on other projects unpaid that need to be launched soon. And so it all begins at 7:30am the next morning, over and over and over. I feel that he's unappreciated. Not by his business partners, but by the clients and investors. No one realizes how much time he puts into a project or job. He's a perfectionist. He wants it to be perfect and will work till it's perfect and not take shortcuts. The end result is quality. If only they understood. Someday it will all be worth it, but going through it is hard. I wrote him a note to encourage him the other night. I think it meant a lot to him. I believe in him and I think that's the most important thing to him right now. It's just hard to stand by and see people treat him the way they do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure having your support means the world to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we support and believe in him too :)
    you're a good wife

    ReplyDelete