Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blessings

My husband just ordered a new computer yesterday. His business partner, Josh was in need of a new one also so they went to the Apple store and walked away with 2 computers on order that should arrive next Thursday. Yay! Thank goodness Mindbox Studios is picking up half the tab and then we just have to pay the other half on a monthly plan. Chris reassured me that the money will be there to do that. It's hard owning your own business. There are things that are needed to make the business run more productively and smoothly, but first you have to sell jobs, finish the jobs, get paid for the jobs, and then buy those things. Right now Mindbox is doing good despite the apparent recession we're in. Praise God for that.
We had dinner last night with Josh and his family. They are the ones that have a 2 year old with cancer. What a blessing she is. So sweet and loving. She was excited to see and play with Quinn. She has lost all her hair and I was wondering how Quinn would react or if he would say anything. He didn't. It just goes to show that among kids, looks don't matter. They'll be your friend no matter color, ethnicity, hair or no hair. I was proud of him. I was finally able to meet their new addition, Kacie. Cute as a button. Keira is on week 5 of 42 weeks of chemo. Already the bump on her arm where the cancer is, is shrinking. Praise God. One specific thing they said to pray about (among many) was that as the cancer shrinks, it shrinks away from the artery that it is lying on. At week 12 they are supposed to go in and see if they can remove it yet. So if you're the praying type, please send one up for this family.
Tonight is chili night. I'm cold. I can't seem to keep warm at all today and I'm even wearing my long johns underneath my clothes. Quinn wants to play outside so badly. He cried when I made him come in. So sad. I can't wait for warmer weather and neither can he.

1 comment:

  1. That's so sad about the little girl! I will definitely pray for her and her family and friends.

    ReplyDelete